- Jul 26 - Art Deco WalkingTour of Hollywood Blvd. (2 days)
- Jul 27 - Lecture: Don The Beachcomber and The Origins of the American Tiki Bar with Screening of Enchanted Island (3 days)
- Aug 8 - Cocktails in Historic PlacesÂ® at Yamashiro(15 days)
- Aug 18 - West Hollywood City Council Discusses Demolition of Wurdeman and Becket Building(25 days)
- Aug 28 - Sep 1 - Queen Mary Art Deco Festival(35 days)
- Aug 29 - Cocktails in Historic Placesâ„˘ at the Queen Mary Veranda Grill(36 days)
- Sep 14 - Gatsby Summer Afternoon in Oakland(52 days)
- May 16 2015 - Avalon Ball on Catalina Island(296 days)
Good news for the original Woolworth's Department Store at 719 S. Broadway!
Firestone Tire Company Building is LA’s newest Landmark.
The Art Deco Society of Los Angeles Preservation Committee has developed a Threatened Historic and Cultural Resources List. This list is designed to educate ADSLA members about Art Deco buildings and related cultural resources that we believe are threatened for demolition, or due to poor maintenance, may be subject to damage resulting in demolition or cause significant irreversible negative impacts.
We will be updating the list periodically as more threatened resources are discovered or the resources listed have been stabilized.
We have a great time at our events. Click HERE to see for yourself and check out photos of all of the fun.
Just in case you are interested in some light reading, here are the Bylaws for the Art Deco Society of Los Angeles.
By Hillsman Wright, Executive Director, Los Angeles Historic Theatre Foundation