- May 30 - Lecture on Art Deco Mailboxes and Screening of SKYSCRAPER SOULS(3 days)
- Jun 12 - Cocktails in Historic Placesâ„˘ at the River Rock Lounge in Studio City(16 days)
- Jul 10 - Cocktails in Historic Placesâ„˘ at the Lakeside CafĂ© in Encino(44 days)
- Sep 4-7 - Queen Mary Art Deco Festival(100 days)
- May 14 2016 - Avalon Ball Early Bird Tickets(353 days)
Good news for the original Woolworth's Department Store at 719 S. Broadway!
Firestone Tire Company Building is LA’s newest Landmark.
The Art Deco Society of Los Angeles Preservation Committee has developed a Threatened Historic and Cultural Resources List. This list is designed to educate ADSLA members about Art Deco buildings and related cultural resources that we believe are threatened for demolition, or due to poor maintenance, may be subject to damage resulting in demolition or cause significant irreversible negative impacts.
We will be updating the list periodically as more threatened resources are discovered or the resources listed have been stabilized.
We have a great time at our events. Click HERE to see for yourself and check out photos of all of the fun.
Just in case you are interested in some light reading, here are the Bylaws for the Art Deco Society of Los Angeles.
By Hillsman Wright, Executive Director, Los Angeles Historic Theatre Foundation