- Apr 10 - Cocktails in Historic Placesâ„˘ at the Federal Bar Long Beach(12 days)
- Apr 18 - ADSLA Visits LACMA 1920s German Film Exhibit(20 days)
- Apr 25 - Lecture on Film Noir Costume Design and Screening of GILDA(27 days)
- May 16 - Avalon Ball on Catalina Island(48 days)
- Sep - Queen Mary Art Deco Festival(160 days)
Good news for the original Woolworth's Department Store at 719 S. Broadway!
Firestone Tire Company Building is LA’s newest Landmark.
The Art Deco Society of Los Angeles Preservation Committee has developed a Threatened Historic and Cultural Resources List. This list is designed to educate ADSLA members about Art Deco buildings and related cultural resources that we believe are threatened for demolition, or due to poor maintenance, may be subject to damage resulting in demolition or cause significant irreversible negative impacts.
We will be updating the list periodically as more threatened resources are discovered or the resources listed have been stabilized.
We have a great time at our events. Click HERE to see for yourself and check out photos of all of the fun.
Just in case you are interested in some light reading, here are the Bylaws for the Art Deco Society of Los Angeles.
By Hillsman Wright, Executive Director, Los Angeles Historic Theatre Foundation