September 3-5: Sixth Annual Queen Mary Art Deco Festival UPDATED
Queen Mary Art Deco Festival
Labor Day Weekend
September 3-5, 2010
RMS Queen Mary
1126 Queen's Highway
Long Beach, CA 90802
- Grand Art Deco Passport for 2 - Includes all of the weekend's activites, plus two nights in the Hotel Queen Mary for $650.
- Grand Art Deco Passport for 1 - Includes all of the weekend's activities, plus two nights in the Hotel Queen Mary for $464.
- Day Cruise Package for 2 - Includes all the fun of the weekend package minus hotel, for those that live close by $400.
- Day Cruise Package for 1 - Includes all the fun of the weekend package minus hotel, for those that live close by $200.
- Daily Boarding Pass - Includes shipboard admission, the Art Deco Bazaar, lectures, vintage car display, Ghosts and Legends Show, plus access to the Art Deco showcase.
Adults $24.95 | Seniors 55+ and Military $21.95 | Children (5-11) $12.95
- Friday Night Pajama Party - $10.00 per person
- Saturday Grand Art Deco Ball - $139.00 per person
- Sunday Tea Dance - $25.00 per person
Information and Reservations:
Book your package or buy your tickets today:
- Purchase via phone, call us at (800) 437-2934
- Mail in your order form. View brochure and order form.
- Welcome Cocktail Party (Friday) - Join us as we kick off the weekend with this most glamorous of Cocktails in Historic Places gathering, in the Verandah Grill. We've ordered a spectacular Queen Mary sunset especially for the occasion, with live dance music by the Swingsations, plus hors d'oeuvres courtesy of the Art Deco Society of Los Angeles. So wear your finest and get ready to meet and mingle with Decophiles from around the globe.
- Bon Voyage Pajama Party (Friday) - The weekend is just getting started, hop into your vintage PJs and head to the Queen's Salon, for more mixing and mingling! We'll get into the spirit of a historic cruise aboard the Queen Mary with deck games, a movie screening and more!
- Dancing (Friday) Enjoy dancing to the classic Jazz, Swing, and Novelty Tunes from the 1920s to the 1940s by Jim Zigler and the Swingsations in the Observation Bar.
- Art Deco Lectures (Saturday & Sunday) - Six fascinating lectures over two days will touch on a variety of topics-architecture, fashion, society, movies and more. Learning something new has never been so delightful! All lectures are held inside the Queen Mary's historic halls, so the atmosphere is, of course, perfect! Click for schedule of all lectures.
- Queen Mary Guided Art Deco Walking Tour (Saturday & Sunday) - A perennial favorite with our festival guests, this special Art Deco-themed tour takes you places that the regular walking tour does not, and provides stories and information about the ultimate in Art Deco liners of particular interest to Art Deco aficionados!
- Long Beach Walking Tour (Friday, 12-3 p.m.) - Get an early start to the festival by taking the Art Deco Walking Tour of Long Beach, led by John Thomas, co-author of Long Beach Art Deco, and president of the Art Deco Society of Los Angeles. This terrific afternoon also includes a signed copy of the book! Reserve early! Space is limited!
- Art Deco Bazaar (Saturday & Sunday) - Shopping for the perfect evening gown for the Grand Art Deco Ball? Looking for the perfect bauble, book or accessory? Find that and more in the Art Deco Bazaar-dealers and exhibitors from around the country specializing in Art Deco-era items, including clothing, jewelry, collectibles, antiques, accessories and more.
- Grand Art Deco Ball (Saturday) - The event of the weekend, the Grand Art Deco Ball is an evening of cinematic perfection-the perfect representation of the Queen Mary's golden age. Following a cocktail reception, guests will enjoy a splendid four-course meal in the Grand Salon, followed by dancing until midnight to the music of Dean Mora and the Queen Mary Orchestra, playing big band music from the era between the World Wars. (Proceeds from the ball will be used for the conservation and restoration of the Birds of the Old World/Birds of the New World artwork, pictured above, located in the Grand Salon.)
- More Dancing (Saturday) - Jonathan Stout plays songs from the 20s-40s in the Observation Bar.
- Sunday Tea Dance - Don't miss the perfect finish to your holiday cruise - a genuine afternoon tea dance in the Queen's Salon, featuring the song stylings of Grammy-award-winning artist Ian Whitcomb and his Bungalow Boys. Wear your dancing shoes and take a turn or two around the dance floor, while enjoying complimentary tea and other light refreshments.
- Sunday evening - Enjoy martinis and music from the 20s-40s in Sir Winston's with Sara Klotz de Aguilar at the piano.
We will be posting more information as it develops.
We look forward to welcoming you aboard!